Destroying the Analog / Digital Divide
In setting out to design the Brigadier, we decided to take a super powerful SHARC DSP and dedicate it to doing one thing and one thing only … delivering the best analog bucket brigade delay sound ever. As a result of having the entire DSP dedicated to doing one extremely high quality effect, we are able to concentrate on every last detail that makes an analog delay special. No stone has been left unturned … every single bucket is recreated in the Brigadier with our new dBucket algorithm. And, since we’re doing all of this without regular old bucket brigade chips, you get all the tone and none of the noise (unless of course you choose to add it back in with our exclusive “bucket loss” control … yes!). We feel like we’ve created something very special, and we hope you will too.
- Hand crafted dBucket algorithm for highly accurate reproduction of every stage of an analog bucket brigade chip and the associated clock driver circuitry.
- Bucket Loss control to control the amount of loss that occurs at each stage of the dBucket
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters w/ 115dB typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- High performance DSP stuffed into a compact form factor
- Tap tempo footswitch
- 3 delay time modes: short, medium, long
- Tap Tempo modes for quarter, dotted eighth, and eighth note triplets
- Filter control for adjusting the tone of the delay repeats
- TRUE BYPASS (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable “trails” mode with high quality analog buffered bypass
- +/- 3dB adjustable boost or cut when the effect is engaged
- Stereo output
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. Compatible with all major DC supply brands. Current consumption 200mA – (250mA recommended supply)
- Premium analog front end and output section
- No-nonsense user interface
- Strong and lightweight green anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
There are lots of analog delay modelers on the market, but most of them don’t provide the feel of playing a true analog delay. The Brigadier nails it.
The Brigadier allows us to access all those great analogue tones in a powerful and flexible package.
Guitar Buyer January 2011
A great combination of vintage and modern delay sounds, the sound of a BBD delay with much longer and built-in tap tempo.